Sunday, July 29, 2012

Monday Made it with Freebies!


I'm super excited to link up with Tara @ 4th Grade Frolics for Monday Made it!  My projects today were inspired by some fun ideas floating out there.



#1...The Scratch Card...
Last week Lynn @ Inside this Book posted about her Vista Print scratch off cards.

I decided to make my own...but realized quickly that I didn't have any card stock to print them on.  Hmmm... instead I found... scrapbook paper!
I LOVE scrapbook paper... I use it for so many things!!
I printed the set and realized that I really like the scrapbook effect..
This one is clouds.
Here I discovered that printing with the white on the front
made the back super fun! 
I then realized that I didn't have contact paper (man, I am SO unprepared this time!)...so I'm trying out Scotch tape.  Just cover the area that you will be painting.
cover the part you will paint
To make the scratch off paint... you need paint (any dark color) AND dish soap... not too much (as I realized! About 2 parts paint and 1 part dish soap)


Paint enough to cover your wording - you may need more than one layer.

It does take a few hours to completely dry.  Let's see if it worked...
You can see where the tape overlaps... for the perfectionist~this is not a good idea:)  For the quick and unprepared... works great!;)  To do it properly, I would just cover my square with contact paper and paint that area.  I'm off to Target to get some now ;)

Yippee I got No Homework! :)

If you are interested in using these scratch off cards... click {here} :)

#2... The Lantern...
A few weeks ago I posted about these great lanterns...
eccampbellphotography_schoolgirlstyle_owls53

Well I splurged and got them!  They are a bit pricey but will give my room just the look it needs...I think... I hope!!

Here's how they come....
Lots of fun colors...6 total.

Here's what I did to the orange one:
I added ribbon at the top where I will hang it from my ceiling.  I then added the ribbon at the bottom and added the table cards that I made.  I had to do some finagling to get the bottom on.  I added paper clips to create loop holes:
Before I do the others I will find some white paper clips which won't look so tacky ;)
If you are interested in the table cards, I have them {here}

#3... Visa Print Share...
I just got a few things that I wanted to share...

This is vinyl and it was FREE! It's hard to tell how HUGE this thing is!
It will match my newly painted blue wall perfectly!

These are magnets and they were FREE!  I plan to either give them out
at curriculum night OR use them in the classroom.  There is a space
to write the child's name :)
I also got a pad of paper (free!), a pen (free!), and note cards also free!  If you don't get caught up in all the "extra" stuff they try to add then you can get a good deal! 

Thanks SO much for stopping by!!  Please stop back as I have some GREAT things coming this week...

Tuesday- Teacher Tips Tuesday
Wednesday- Product Swap
Thursday- Math and Giveaway!!

Thanks for your support! :)



24 comments:

  1. Love your scratch offs! They're on my to do list before going back.

    Brandi
    Success in Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome projects! Thanks for the tips about the scratch off cards.
    Sherri

    Books, Blocks and Baskets

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea with the scratch offs! Your kids will really like them! I love your polka dotted lanterns!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic projects! I love your lanterns! :)
    Tracey
    Third Grade All Stars

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the scratch off card template.

    I love your lanterns and how you are putting them together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh your scratch offs are so cute! Who knew they were so easy to make!

    I'd love if you checked out my blog at T is for Teaching :)
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just pinned this so I can come back to it and remind myself how to make the scratchers!
    Thanks for sharing.

    Check out my Monday Made it here:

    Fancy Free in Fourth
    Layla

    ReplyDelete
  8. The scratch off cards are amazing!!! What a great idea. I am your newest follower. I would love to have you come by and visit my blog.

    www.ateacherwithoutaclass.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm working on scratch-offs too! I love your lanterns...where did you get them? All your projects look great!

    Vicky
    Keep Calm & Imagine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://www.teachersnotebook.com/product/schoolgirlstyle/polka-dot-lanterns

      Hi Vicky! The above link is where I purchased the lanterns. Like I said, they are a bit pricey especially when you add shipping... but they are a very good quality and will last a long time. Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the link! Not sure if I will order them or not this year...I am about spent out...lol! Oh yeah....thanks for following me too! Be sure to check back tomorrow for an update on the home depot nail apron pocket chart I made!

      Vicky
      Keep Calm & Imagine

      Delete
  10. I love your scratch-offs and the lanterns! They are just too adorable!

    Dee
    Mrs. B's Nook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing such cute ideas Tori. I followed your blog, and will definitely be back to check it out.

      Janna
      Fabulous Finch Facts

      Delete
  11. I loved those lanterns too! Wish the fire marshal hadn't "outlawed" them. They are so cute.

    EmilyK

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those scratch off cards are such a great idea!! I might have to try them! :)

    Leslie
    Miss R's Room

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tori I love the lanterns!! They are going to look so fun hanging in your room!

    ❤ -Stephanie
    Falling Into First

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think I might have to try the scratch off cards! I love them!!

    I'm a new follower! Come on over and check out my blog and enter in my giveaway!

    Keeping It Core

    ReplyDelete
  15. The scratch cards are very cool. I love those polka dot lanterns!

    Barbara
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute blog! I heart the scratch off cards! I am a new follower! Come check me out when you can!

    Angie
    Timeouts and Tootsie Rolls

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like your twist to the scratch off cards. I'm your newest follower.

    Christine
    Tales From Rm 17!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I saw your scratch off cards on last week's Monday Made-it and LOVED them! I won't have my class all day this year, so I couldn't use your freebie, sadly!

    But, I made my own that is similar. I would love to send it to you to see if you mind if I blog about what I did. I would, of course, let everyone know that the basic template and directions can be found at your blog!

    If you'd be willing to take a peek at what I made and let me know if you mind if I share, let me know!

    :)
    Christina
    *Bunting, Books, and Bainbridge
    christina4062@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your approach inspires me a lot and generated new idea in my mind..

    ReplyDelete