Saturday, July 28, 2012

Tell Me More Linky!


As I saw this little linky pop up more and more on my screen I caved and decided to join :)  Thanks Amy for the great linky idea :)


Here's my little ditty...
(there are a few from a previous post that I thought I'd share again :)

1.  I am HUGE people watcher.  My husband thinks its fun to watch me watch other people.  Sometimes I will watch how people interact (like a husband and wife) and try and figure out what they are saying to each other based on their body language.  I know it's weird.  I took a writing class in college and the teacher told us to go to a public place and write a story based on people you watch... I thought I had died and gone to heaven!! :)



2. I am a reality TV junkie!  You name the reality show and I probably have it DVR'ed! (Ok, except those housewives shows- not a fan)  I guess this is a spin off of #1 as I LOVE to see how people interact!  I always thought that my dream job would be to cast for a reality show because I would be the one who could analyze how people might get along with each other (or not get along :).  Again, weird. ;)

  3. I had blue eyes until I was 3. So the story (as my mom tells it) ... I had blue eyes when I went to sleep shortly after turning 3 and I woke up the next day with green eyes! I am the only one in my family with green eyes. Many people tell me they are like "cat eyes," and they get greener if I wear something green.
Ok, they are not that green, but you get the idea! :)



4. My husband and I have been together for 12 1/2 years (married for 7).  We actually met in another state and I gave him my number even though I had no idea where he was from (AND I was dating someone at the time).  When he finally called I found out he lived 30 minutes from me!  It has been an amazing 12 years with a lot of ups and downs.  At the end of the day, I always know he is there for me.




5. Speaking of my husband... he's an ice sculptor. Yes you heard that right. We met because I was visiting a friend who is a reporter and she was doing a story on him.. I was tagging along. He and I talked more than she talked to him! He owns a sculpting business in Chicago and can make pretty much anything you can think of .... in.... ice. The bad part? It melts! For our wedding he made a pretty "cool" ice bar with ice shot glasses. People are still talking about that. :)


6. One Easter my sister thought it would be fun to get me an egg to hatch (I was probably in sixth grade). She brought the incubator and the whole nine yards. Well a little chick did hatch and I loved that thing until one day at 2 a.m. it started crowing... cock-a-doodle-doo... yep that chick was not a chicken... it was a rooster! So now I have fun telling my students that I once lived with a rooster. :)

7.  This is the toughest for me to share... my son is my miracle.  He was due May 1st, 2008 and he came into the world on Feb. 8th, 2008.  He was 2 1/2 pounds.  He spent 75 days in the NICU (I know because I was there every.single.day).  It was a very long road but I am very happy to say that he is a completely healthy and happy 4 year old! :)  Here are some before and after pics... 1st one is 8 days old....second is 4 1/2 years old.  Notice the dog in both pics :) 


   
Now I have to go and read all the other ones! :)
Thanks so much for reading mine!!

3 comments:

  1. I love people watching too! Your son is adorable.

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful little boy! I'm so glad it all turned out well :)
    ❀Barbara❀
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs
    PS Ice sculpting is SO cool!

    ReplyDelete