Monday, February 4, 2013

100's Day! Freebies

Hey Everyone!  Sorry for my lack of blogging! My little guy had his birthday party this weekend and I think it consumed me for a bit there.  Check out his cuteness shirt I got from  Etsy
Man, just yesterday he came into this world (3 months early!!)... and now he is 5!  Phew, where did the time go?  They say that kids grow up so fast...boy are they right!!


100  100  100  100  100  100  100  100 


So, tomorrow is our 100th day!!  What do you do for the 100th day at your school?  
When I taught first I think we played it up a bit more than we do in second grade.

The first thing we did was give homework for the kids to decorate a heart with 100 things.  I love doing a heart because then it makes for a great Valentine display too!  We just cut out a large heart from an 11x18 piece of white construction paper.  It was attached to this letter:

I will have some pics soon for my next "Around the School" post (hopefully by this weekend!).


Then we will start our 100th day off by doing this sheet for our morning work:


For math we will be working on place value and with the 100's chart.  The kids will fill in the chart based on the place value questions.   When they are finished, it will make a 100 on the chart.  ohhh aaahhh :)
I just LOOOVE this one :)  Sorry- it's a scan so its not the best quality...but you get the idea :)

I also have a 100's day poem and a "What can you do in 100 Seconds?" activity for the kids (some activities include: drawing hearts, what # can you write to, hop on one foot).

In case you missed it, here is a coloring sheet too! :)


I hope you have a GREAT 100th day!!

7 comments:

  1. These are great ideas! Thank you :)

    Hope to see pictures of your 100th day after you celebrate!

    Rae
    Mindful Rambles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing, Tori! I love your stuff! You should link up tomorrow's post to my 100 Day Linky
    (and I'm hosting a fun giveaway right now!)

    Hugs!
    Irene
    Learning With Mrs. Leeby

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been surfing online more than three hours today,
    yet I never found any interesting article like yours.
    It is pretty worth enough for me. In my view, if all web owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the net
    will be a lot more useful than ever before.
    my site - colonias

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to Michael (that's my son's name, too:).
    I like your idea of sending home the heart to decorate with 100 items. Our 100th day is Tuesday so I think I'll do that, too:)

    Barbara
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am really appreciating very much by seeing your interesting posts.
    Freebies

    ReplyDelete